Ireland U20 side named for opening game.
There are six Munster players included in Ireland U20 team that will play Italy in the World Rugby Under 20 Championship first game tomorrow (Wednesday) in Georgia, 12.30pm Irish time.
The Irish U-20s backline includes Young Munster’s Calvin Nash on the left wing, while former Glenstal Abbey player Colm Hogan will start on the right wing.
The Munster players also included are UL-Bohemian prop Joey Conway, Garryowen hooker Diarmuid Barron, Young Munster duo Fineen Wycherley and Gavin Coombes are starting in second row and back row as well.
On the replacement bench are Shannon’s Jack Stafford and Young Munster out half Alan Tynan.
Starting line up as follows.
15. Jack Kelly (Dublin University/ Leinster)
14. Colm Hogan (Dublin University/ Munster)
13. Gavin Mullin (UCD/ Leinster)
12. Ciaran Frawley (UCD/ Leinster)
11. Calvin Nash (Young Munster / Munster)
10. Conor Dean (St. Mary’s/ Leinster) *
9. Jonny Stewart (Queen’s University/ Ulster)
1. Joey Conway (UL Bohemians/ Munster)
2. Diarmuid Barron (Garryowen/ Munster) *
3. Charlie Connolly (Dublin University/ Leinster)
4. Fineen Wycherley (Young Munster/ Munster)
5. Oisin Dowling (Lansdowne/ Leinster)
6. Marcus Rea (Queen’s University/ Ulster)
7. Paul Boyle (Lansdowne/ Leinster) Captain
8. Gavin Coombes (Young Munster/ Munster)
Replacements: 16. Ronan Kelleher (UCD/ Leinster)
17. Greg McGrath (Lansdowne/ Leinster)
18. Peter Cooper (Belfast Harlequins/ Ulster)
19. Jack Regan (UCD/ Leinster)
20. Sean Masterson (Corinthians/ Connacht)
21. Jack Stafford (Shannon/ Munster)
22. Angus Curtis (Queen’s University/ Ulster) *
23. Alan Tynan (Young Munster/ Munster) *