The Limerick Sport Eagles got the better of Limerick Celtics in men’s Division One, while Limerick Sport Huskies defeated the Celtics in the women’s Division One.
Round three of the national basketball leagues was full of action over the weekend, as all four Limerick sides faced each other.
In the InsureMyVan.ie Division One, Limerick Celtics saw their perfect start to the season come to an end as they lost out to Limerick Sport Eagles by just four points in UL.
The result sees the sides draw level on six points in the league, with an identical record of two wins and one loss so far this season.
The Celtics women’s side were also in action, and they also tasted defeat, as the Limerick Sport Huskies picked up a convincing 13-point victory.
Sport Huskies sit second in the South Conference, with three wins from three, while the Celtics trail behind with just one win so far.
InsureMyVan.ie Division 1 Men’s Results
- Joels Dublin Lions 83 92 Kavanagh’s Portlaoise Panthers
- Team NorthWest 72 73 SETU Waterford Vikings
- Mater Private Malahide 66 96 Drogheda Wolves
- Moy Tolka Rovers 74 77 UCD Marian
- Scotts Lakers Killarney 88 82 Titans BC
- SETU Carlow 120 73 Killarney Cougars
- Limerick Sport Eagles 88 84 Limerick Celtics
MissQuote.ie Division 1 Women’s Results
- Phoenix Rockets 62 79 Templeogue
- Oblate Dynamos 46 59 iSecure Swords Thunder
- Limerick Sport Huskies 72 59 Limerick Celtics
- Moy Tolka Rovers 69 75 St Pauls Killarney
- Abbey Seals Dublin Lions 60 71 McEvoy’s Cavan Eagles
- SETU Carlow 74 41 Marble City Hawks