Over the past four days we put out polls on both our Instagram and Twitter pages to help decide the county’s favourite Limerick hurling game of the 21st century thus far.
We started with a list of 16 games which can be seen here and released two polls daily to whittle it down to eight.
Before we begin voting for the quarter-finals tomorrow, here’s how the top half of the draw played out.
Last 16 #1
- Limerick 3-32 : 2-31 Cork (2018 All-Ireland Semi-Final)
- Limerick 1-19 : 2-15 Clare (2015 Munster Quarter-Final)
Our First poll had a clear winner as the epic 2018 All-Ireland semi-final win over Cork took a huge share of the votes with 94% on Instagram and Twitter to advance to the Quarter-Finals.
- Limerick 0-27 : 1-22 Kilkenny (2018 All-Ireland Quarter-Final)
- Limerick 2-18 : 2-16 Tipperary (2014 Munster Semi-Final)
Similarily to the first pairing, the 2018 clash was the clear winner pulling in 79% of the Instagram vote and 80% of the Twitter vote.
- Limerick 0-17 : 2-13 Kilkenny (2014 All-Ireland Semi-Final)
- Limerick 0-28 : 1-25 Cork (2018 Munster Hurling Championship)
The closest tie to date but the 2018 vintage reigned supreme once more with the drawn Munster Hurling Clash receiving 66% of the vote across both platforms.
- Limerick 2-26 : 2-14 Tipperary (2019 Munster Hurling Final)
- Limerick 5-11 : 2-15 Waterford (2007 All-Ireland Semi-Final)
Tie four was unique as it was the that had a difference of opinions across both platforms. While 62% sided with the 2019 Final on Instagram, there was a higher proportion of voters for the 2007 clash on Twitter (66%) giving it the advantage.