John Kiely has included a number of new faces in his first Limerick team of 2022.
Defending All-Ireland and Munster Hurling Cup champions Limerick have shown their hand for the first game of the year with a number of debutants included in the side to face Kerry.
Mungret St Pauls’ Rory Duff is included from the start after helping his side to the Premier Intermediate Championship title in October. David McCarthy of Glenroe, who starred for Kiely’s U21 side in 2015, is named in goals.
There is a return to the set up for Oisin O’Reilly, who is named at corner forward, and clubmate Paddy O’Loughlin who is named on the bench.
On the bench, there is potential debuts for Adam English (Doon) and Patrick O’Donovan (Effin) with the pair part of the 2020 Munster Minor Championship win.
The team is captained by Barry Nash at corner back with the South Liberties man the sole survivor from the All-Ireland final winning XV.
Nickie Quaid, Gearoid Hegarty, Dan Morrissey, Diarmaid Byrnes and William O’Donoghue are kept in reserve.
Throw in this Sunday is 2pm in the TUS Gaelic Grounds with the final to be played next weekend. Clare play Waterford in the other semi-final.
Limerick team to play Kerry in the Munster Senor Hurling Cup
- David McCarthy (Glenroe)
- Barry Nash (C) (South Liberties)
- Jerome Boylan (Na Piarsaigh)
- Richie English (Doon)
- Colin Coughlan (Ballybrown)
- Ronan Connolly ((Adare)
- Mark Quinlan (Garryspillane)
- Rory Duff (Mungret St Pauls)
- Brian O’Grady (Kilteely-Dromkeen)
- Cathal O’Neill (Crecora)
- David Reidy (Dromin Athlacca)
- Conor Boylan (Na Piarsaigh)
- Darren O’Connell (Kildimo Pallaskenry)
- Pat Ryan (Doon)
- Oisin O’Reilly (Kilmallock)
- Nickie Quaid (Effin)
- Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell)
- Adam English (Doon)
- Gearoid Hegarty (St Patricks)
- Dan Morrissey (Ahane)
- William O’Donoghue (Na Piarsaigh)
- Patrick O’Donovan (Effin)
- Paddy O’Loughlin (Kilmallock)