Training and nutrition preparation for the final 6-week lead-up to Dublin City Marathon, 2018.
Date: Monday 17th September, 2018
Time: 19:00-20:30 (plus 30minutes at the end for questions)
Place: Castletroy Park Hotel, University Gates, Dublin Road, Limerick.
Book online here
Michael Carmody (B.L)
Mike graduated in Law at the University of Limerick in 2014 and is beginning his MA in Human Rights. He is also undertaking a diploma in Strength & Conditioning at Setanta College in order to complement his run coaching. Having been the former Munster Senior cross-country Champion in 2012, he is current working on improving his half-marathon PB of 68:01 minutes. Mike has coached dozens of marathon runners of all abilities, as well as numerous Ironman™ triathletes.
Mike will be covering the following topics:
- Optimising the remaining long runs.
- Speed work for marathon runners
- Determining target run pace on race day
- Recovery strategies during training and post-marathon
- Training during tapering
- Psychology on race day and beyond
Alexandra Cremona (BSc(Hons,). MSc. RD)
LinkedIn ** Fitness Response Nutrition
Lexy is a Dietitian with a background in exercise science. She is currently pursuing PhD studies at the University of Limerick in the area of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. Lexy has worked with athletes of various types including team and individual sports, as well as athletes competing in adventure racing: including trans-Atlantic rowing, Xterra events, multi-stage cycling races, Maratona Des Sables and long distance triathlon.
She enjoys taking part in triathlons, having previously participated in Norseman in 2014 and Celtman in 2016.
Lexy will be covering the following topics:
- Nutrition before, during and after long runs
- Nutrition strategies to optimise recovery
- Carbohydrate-loading with an example plan
- Supplements- what’s worth your time and what’s not
- Race day nutrition