Munster’s next home tie is their last regular season game in Thomond Park this year with Rowntree’s side within touching distance of the top four.
Munster have three games to play in the regular season of the URC and are well in the hunt for a place in the top eight and the play-offs. The Irish province have won seven of their last eight URC games, picking up 34 points of a possible 40.
Six of those seven victories were secured with a try bonus-point to move up to fifth place in the table.
Teams who finish in the top four will have home advantage in the URC quarter-finals that take place on the weekend of May 5/6/7.
Next up for Graham Rowntree’s side is a clash against Glasgow Warriors at Thomond Park on Saturday, March 25 (5.15pm). Glasgow are fourth in the table, two points ahead of Munster and have only been beaten once in their last 12 games.
Following the Glasgow clash, Munster will be away to the Sharks in the Champions Cup round of 16 on Saturday, April 1.
The final two games of the URC regular season are away to Stormers in Cape Town on Saturday, April 15, and against Sharks again in Durban for the final game of the regular season on Saturday, April 22.
Munster can leapfrog the Scottish side with a victory later this month and that would be enough for home advantage in the quarter-finals were they to remain there for the final round. But each of Munster’s remaining games are against opposition who currently lie in the play-off places, including the second placed Stormers.
Remaining Fixtures (And Current Points Tally)
- Leinster (71)– Stormers (H), Lions (A), Bulls (A)
- Stormers (59)– Leinster (A), Munster (H), Benetton (H)
- Ulster (54) – Bulls (H), Dragons (H), Edinburgh (H)
- Glasgow (49)– Munster (A), Scarlets (H), Connacht (H)
- Munster (47) – Glasgow (H), Stormers (A), Sharks (A)
- Bulls (43) – Ulster (A), Zebre (H), Leinster (H)
- Sharks (41) – Scarlets (A), Benetton (H), Munster (H)
- Connacht (39) – Edinburgh (H), Cardiff (H), Glasgow (A)
- Cardiff (38) – Zebre (A), Connacht (A), Ospreys (A)
- Benetton (34) – Lions (H), Sharks (A), Stormers (A)
- Scarlets (33) – Sharks (H), Glasgow (A), Dragons (A)
- Ospreys (30) – Dragons (H), Edinburgh (A), Cardiff (H)
- Edinburgh (29)– Connacht (A), Ospreys (H), Ulster (A)
- Lions (27) – Benetton (A), Leinster (H), Zebre (H)
- Dragons (19) – Ospreys (A), Ulster (A), Scarlets (H)
- Zebre (7)– Cardiff (H), Bulls (A), Lions (A)