Over the past week we have been counting down to see what the county’s favourite Limerick game from the past 20 years is.
We started with a list of 16 which were broken down into the following bracket.
From there we ran a series of polls over four days to decide the last-16 winners.
Those equated to the following quarter-final ties.
This is how those quarter-final ties played out.
- Limerick 3-32 : 2-31 Cork (2018 All-Ireland Semi-Final)
- Limerick 0-27 : 1-22 Kilkenny (2018 All-Ireland Semi-Final)
While you can’t have the semi-final without the quarter, Limerick’s extra-time over Cork took a massive share of the vote, grabbing 85%.
- Limerick 5-11 : 2-15 Waterford (2007 All-Ireland Semi-Final)
- Limerick 0-28 : 1-25 Cork (2018 Munster Championship)
There was a slit decision in our second quarter-final with the 2007 All-Irelad final taking 67% of the Twitter vote but losing out with only 28% of the Intsgram vote giving the 2018 clash with Cork the win, once again.
- Limerick 3-16 : 2-18 Galway (2018 All-Ireland Final)
- Limerick 0-24 : 0-15 Cork (2013 Munster Final)
While the 2013 Munster final was a huge occasion for the county, the 2018 All-Ireland Final was monumental.
- Limerick 1-18 : 1-15 Tipperary (2013 Munster Semi-Final)
- Limerick 0-22 : 2-13 Tipperary (2007 Munster Semi-Final)
A pair of Munster semi-final wins over Tipperary, but the older vintage gets the win here.