Over the past four days we put out polls on both our Instagram and Twitter pages to help decide the county’s favourite Limerick hurling game of the 21st century thus far.
We started with a list of 16 games which can be seen here and released two polls daily to whittle it down to eight.
Before we start voting on the quarter-finals tomorrow, here’s how the bottom part of the draw played out.
- Limerick 3-18 : 1-20 Clare (2012 All-Ireland Qualifier Round III)
- Limerick 0-24 : 0-15 Cork (2013 Munster Final)
Limerick’s first Munster title in 17-years took home a huge proportion of the vote unsurprisingly with a combined 86% of the clicks across both platforms.
- Limerick 1-23 : 2-14 Tipperary (2018 Munster Championship)
- Limerick 3-16 : 2-18 Galway (2018 All-Ireland Final)
No Surprises here.
- Limerick 1-18 : 1-15 Tipperary (2013 Munster Semi-Final)
- Limerick 4-11 : 2-14 Waterford (2001 Munster Semi-Final)
Both huge victories in their own right, Limerick’s 2013 classic against Tipperary took the share of the spoils with 72% on Instagram and 63% on Twitter.
- Limerick 4-26 : 1-11 Wexford (2014 All-Ireland Semi-Final)
- Limerick 0-22 : 2-13 Tipperary (AET) (2007 Munster SF Second Replay)
While we only included the third game in the trilogy, Limerick’s 2007 conquest over Tipperary was always going to win with 69% on Instagram and 88% on Twitter.