Simon Zebo returns to Munster training for the first time since 2018 today after his signing from Racing 92.
Simon Zebo will team up with faces new and old as he makes his long awaited return to Munster training. Zebo will link up with the squad for the first time since his departure for Paris in 2018.
The 31 year-old signed for the Parisian giants in 2018 and scored two tries in the 2020 Champions Cup final.
The fullback enjoyed an excellent three years in the French capital scoring 21 tries along the way.
He is Munster’s all-time top try scorer with 60 scores to his name, one ahead of Keith Earls.
Upon the announcement of his return, the Cork native said,
“As everyone knows, Munster holds a very special place in my heart and I’ve always said that I wanted to play for them and potentially Ireland again, so when this opportunity arose the lure of being close to home, family and friends and Munster fans, it outweighed all other options. I cannot wait to get back to the HPC with the team and hopefully a packed Thomond Park.”
Earls will also start his pre-season training today while the Munster players who were involved in the Vodafone Summer Series earlier this month will commence their pre-season training programme later this summer.
The majority of Munster’s senior and Academy players returned to training last Monday including new signings Jason Jenkins and Rowan Osbourne.