Limerick need to pick up points this Sunday or their time in the second tier of the league will come to an end.
New Limerick Senior Football manager Mark Fitzgerald has named his first team ahead of their Division 2 League clash with Kildare this Sunday afternoon in the TUS Gaelic Grounds.
There are two changes to the team that earned a draw with Meath in Ray Dempsey’s final game in charge, with joint captain Iain Corbett missing out. Into the starting side come Paul Maher and Adrian Enright. Killian Ryan drops to the bench.
Fiachra Cotter (Fr Caseys) and Cormac Woulfe (St Senans) are in line for league debuts from the bench.
Throw-in this Sunday at 3.45pm with Limerick needing a win to avoid relegation. If they were to lose then they would be guaranteed to play Division 3 football next year while a draw could be enough if results in the final round go their way.
Limerick team to face Kidare
- Donal O’Sullivan Monaleen
- Michael Donovan Galbally
- Seán O’Dea Kilteely/Dromkeen
- Brian Fanning Pallasgreen
- Barry Coleman Rathkeale
- Colm McSweeney Gerald Griffins
- Tony McCarthy Kildimo/Pallaskenry
- Cathal Downes Kildimo/Pallaskenry
- Cillian Fahy Dromcollogher/Broadford
- Paul Maher Adare
- James Naughton St.Senans
- Cian Sheehan Newcastlewest
- Adrian Enright Fr.Caseys
- Brian Donovan Monaleen
- Hugh Bourke Adare
- Aaron O’Sullivan Pallasgreen
- Robbie Bourke Adare
- Gordon Brown Na Piarsaigh
- David Connolly Adare
- Fiachra Cotter Fr.Caseys
- Tommy Griffin Gerald Griffins
- Jim Liston Gerald Griffins
- Davy Lyons Adare
- Peter Nash Kildimo/Pallaskenry
- Killian Ryan Mungret/St.Pauls
- Cormac Woulfe St.Senans
GAA coverage on Sporting Limerick is brought to you in association with Noels Menswear, shop online here or visit in Dooradoyle, Limerick City or Newcastle West.