Glasgow are fourth in the table, two points ahead of Munster and have only been beaten once in their last twelve games.
Munster have three games to play in the regular season of the URC and are well in the hunt for a place in the top eight and the play-offs.
Munster have won seven of their last eight URC games, picking up 34 points of a possible 40. Six of those seven victories were secured with a try bonus-point to move up to fifth place in the table.
Next up for Graham Rowntree’s side is a clash against Glasgow Warriors at Thomond Park on Saturday, March 25 (5.15pm). Glasgow are fourth in the table, two points ahead of Munster and have only been beaten once in their last 12 games.
Following the Glasgow clash, Munster will be away to the Sharks in the Champions Cup round of 16 on Saturday, April 1.
The final two games of the URC regular season are away to Stormers in Cape Town on Saturday, April 15, and against Sharks again in Durban for the final game of the regular season on Saturday, April 22.
Teams who finish in the top four will have home advantage in the URC quarter-finals that take place on the weekend of May 5/6/7 and Munster (47) can climb into the top four with a win over the Warriors (49). They currently trail Ulster (54) by seven and the Stormers (59) are a further five ahead. Leinster have won each of their games and have a twelve point cushion on second place.
Looking down the table, the Vodacom Bull (43) could leapfrog Munster this weekend while the Cell C Sharks (41) and Connacht (39) round out the top eight.
See the table as it stands ahead of the final three rounds here.
Remaining URC Fixtures
- Leinster – Stormers (H), Lions (A), Bulls (A)
- Stormers – Leinster (A), Munster (H), Benetton (H)
- Ulster – Bulls (H), Dragons (H), Edinburgh (H)
- Glasgow – Munster (A), Scarlets (H), Connacht (H)
- Munster – Glasgow (H), Stormers (A), Sharks (A)
- Bulls – Ulster (A), Zebre (H), Leinster (H)
- Sharks – Scarlets (A), Benetton (H), Munster (H)
- Connacht – Edinburgh (H), Cardiff (H), Glasgow (A)
- Cardiff – Zebre (A), Connacht (A), Ospreys (A)
- Benetton – Lions (H), Sharks (A), Stormers (A)
- Scarlets – Sharks (H), Glasgow (A), Dragons (A)
- Ospreys – Dragons (H), Edinburgh (A), Cardiff (H)
- Edinburgh – Connacht (A), Ospreys (H), Ulster (A)
- Lions – Benetton (A), Leinster (H), Zebre (H)
- Dragons – Ospreys (A), Ulster (A), Scarlets (H)
- Zebre – Cardiff (H), Bulls (A), Lions (A)