There were four Limerick sides in action in the opening round, two men and two women, and all four picked up wins.
Last weekend saw the start of Ireland’s national basketball leagues, as four Limerick sides competed across the InsureMyVan.ie Division One and MissQuote.ie Division One.
All of the teams picked up wins, as they got their league campaigns off to the perfect start.
Both Limerick InsureMyVan.ie Division One sides the Celtics and Sport Eagles were in action in the league’s opening round last weekend, with victories for each.
The Celtics picked up a two-point victory away to SETU Waterford Vikings, while Sport Eagles put 100 points on the board away to Titans BC.
With a host of teams tied on three points following the opening round, the Celtics sit third in the standings, while Sport Eagles are seventh.
There were also two Limerick sides in action in the MissQuote.ie Division One, as both the Celtics and the Sport Huskies picked up victories at home.
The Sport Huskies were 15-points better off than Moy Tolka Rovers, while the Celtics picked up a 31-point victory over Marble City Hawks to go second in the standings.
All four Limerick sides are back in action in their respective divisions next weekend, as they look to continue their winning start.
InsureMyVan.ie Division 1 Men’s Results
- Team NorthWest 78 97 Drogheda Wolves
- Mater Private Malahide 80 74 Moy Tolka Rovers
- Joels Dublin Lions 88 82 UCD Marian
- Kavanagh’s Portlaoise Panthers 90 63 Killarney Cougars
- SETU Waterford Vikings 49 51 Limerick Celtics
- SETU Carlow 99 87 Scotts Lakers Killarney
- Titans BC 82 100 Limerick Sport Eagles
MissQuote.ie Division 1 Women’s Results
- Abbey Seals Dublin Lions 78 81 Templeogue
- iSecure Swords Thunder 79 69 Phoenix Rockets
- Limerick Sport Huskies 72 57 Moy Tolka Rovers
- Limerick Celtics 85 54 Marble City Hawks
- McEvoy’s Cavan Eagles 77 60 Oblate Dynamos
- SETU Carlow 50 83 St Pauls Killarney