Head coach Richie Murphy has announced the Ireland Under-20 team for Tuesday’s U-20 Six Nations Summer Series match against England
Tonight’s game kicks off at 7pm in Payanini Rugby Centre in Verona.
Munster Academy trio Ethan Coughlan, Fionn Gibbons and Patrick Campbell are named in the starting XV while Kieran Ryan, Darragh McSweeney, Ronan O’Sullivan, Andrew O’Mahony, George Coomber and Shay McCarthy are named among the replacements.
Murphy has made four changes to his starting XV for the round 3 fixture, bringing Coughlan, Scott Wilson, Adam McNamee and Lorcan McLoughlin back into the side.
Campbell, Aitzol King and Dylan O’Grady continue in the back-three, with Gibbons and Daniel Hawkshaw starting together in midfield for the third successive game.
Munster Academy scrum half Coughlan returns to the side to partner Sam Prendergast, who kicked seven points against South Africa, at half-back.
In the pack, Queen’s University clubman Wilson slots into the front row alongside George Hadden and James McCormick, with McNamee from Malone selected to pack down with Conor O’Tighearnaigh at lock.
Diarmuid Mangan switches from the second row to blindside flanker and McLoughlin, a lively half-time replacement in the last round, completes the back row alongside captain Reuben Crothers.
Murphy has plenty of options on the bench with teams allowed to name an extended matchday squad of 26 players for the tournament in Italy.
“I think the guys have shown great character all through the Summer Series so far.
“Firstly with France, we got them on a really good day, and then South Africa were very big, very powerful.
“It’s a big learning curve for us. We’ve got a new group together, quite a few young lads have come in since the Six Nations.
“It’s going to be difficult. It’s another massive, big physical challenge. England have size about them.
“We just have to look after ourselves, tidy our own game up and go back to the basics of ball carrying and looking after the ball, the clean out and imposing our game on England.”
Ireland U20 Team v England
15. Patrick Campbell (Young Munster RFC/Munster)
14. Aitzol King (Clontarf FC/Leinster)
13. Fionn Gibbons (UCD RFC/Munster)
12. Daniel Hawkshaw (Clontarf FC/Leinster)
11. Dylan O’Grady (UCD RFC/Leinster)
10. Sam Prendergast (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
9. Ethan Coughlan (Shannon RFC/Munster)
1. George Hadden (Gorey RFC/Clontarf FC/Leinster)
2. James McCormick (Ballymena RFC/Ulster)
3. Scott Wilson (Queen’s University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
4. Conor O’Tighearnaigh (UCD RFC/Leinster)
5. Adam McNamee (Malone RFC/Ulster)
6. Diarmuid Mangan (UCD RFC/Leinster)
7. Reuben Crothers (Ballynahinch RFC/Ulster) (capt)
8. Lorcan McLoughlin (Queen’s University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
16. Dominic Rhys Heys (Gloucester Hartpury Rugby/IQ Rugby)
17. Kieran Ryan (Shannon RFC/Munster)
18. Darragh McSweeney (Shannon RFC/Munster)
19. Charlie Irvine (Queen’s University Belfast RFC/Ulster)
20. Ronan O’Sullivan (Highfield RFC/Munster)
21. Andrew O’Mahony (UCC RFC/Munster)
22. Reece Malone (Loughborough University/Ballynahinch RFC/Ulster)
23. George Coomber (UCC RFC/Munster)
24. Shay McCarthy (Young Munster RFC/Munster)
25. Josh Hanlon (Ballynahinch RFC/Ulster)
26. George Shaw (Cardiff University/IQ Rugby)